Svenska Lufttrafik AB

Här kan Du skriva flygrelaterade frågor och inlägg som behandlar både historia eller nutid.

Moderator: Sven-Erik Jönsson

Svenska Lufttrafik AB

Inläggav Peter Maxfield » 18 okt 2022, 22:05

Hello. I've seen on Wikipedia that SLA bought 10 LVG C.VIs and elsewhere that they bought 8 - with the 2 remaining airworthy ones, when the company was dissolved, going to the Navy - numbered as 9 and 10. Could that be where confusion over the 8 or 10 bought has arisen?
Attached (colourised) von Rosen family photo shows Sunday morning Feb 22, 1920 at Rockelstad. Carl-Gustav von Rosen, aged 10 with sister Birgitta, 7. Pilot is Hermann Göring, who was a pilot with SLA for the first half of 1920 and became their uncle by marriage to their aunt Carin. Aircraft is one of the SLA LVGs which must be on fixed skis.
Hermann G and von Rosens paint 3D - Copy (3).png
SLA Plate in Swedish colours. Photo copyright von Rosen Family.
Hermann G and von Rosens paint 3D - Copy (3).png (342.12 KiB) Visad 2501 gånger

Does anyone know anything about the SLA wings motif/logo seen on their Junkers F.13?
Svenska Luftrafik Junkers - Copy.jpg
SLA Wings
Svenska Luftrafik Junkers - Copy.jpg (22.74 KiB) Visad 2729 gånger
Svenska Lufttrafik Junkers F13 - Copy.jpg
Other shot
Svenska Lufttrafik Junkers F13 - Copy.jpg (25.84 KiB) Visad 2729 gånger
I only ask as I had been trying to identify something very similar on an Air France Amiot Toucan (Ju52/3) about 25 years later in 1945 at Lideta, Addis Abeba: F-BAJM AAC 016 "Oradour."
Oradour Aug 45 Parkin, x, Dad, Wakefield British Airways chocks     F BAJM AAC 016 Air France, built 1945 - Copy.jpg
Crop detail
Unlikely to be the same - it's not the Junkers Logo - perhaps it's just a coincidence?

Hallå. Jag har sett på Wikipedia att SLA köpte 10 LVG C.VI och på andra ställen att de köpte 8 - med de 2 återstående luftvärdiga, när företaget upplöstes, gick till marinen - numrerade som 9 och 10. Kan det vara där förvirring över 8 eller 10 köpt har uppstått?
Bifogat (färgat) von Rosens familjefoto visar söndagsmorgonen den 22 feb 1920 på Rockelstad. Carl-Gustav von Rosen, 10 år med systern Birgitta, 7. Pilot är Hermann Göring, som var pilot på SLA första halvåret 1920 och blev deras farbror genom giftermål med moster Carin. Flygplan är en av SLA LVGs som måste vara på fasta skidor.
Är det någon som vet något om SLA wings-motivet/logotypen som syns på deras Junkers F.13? Jag frågar bara eftersom jag hade försökt identifiera något mycket liknande på en Air France Amiot Toucan (Ju52/3) ungefär 25 år senare 1945 i Lideta, Addis Abeba: F-BAJM AAC 016 "Oradour." Det är osannolikt att det är samma sak - det är inte Junkers-logotypen - kanske det bara är en slump?
Senast redigerad av Peter Maxfield 21 okt 2022, 00:42, redigerad totalt 2 gånger.
Peter Maxfield

Re: Svenska Lufttrafik AB

Inläggav Lars Sundin » 19 okt 2022, 08:29

I tried to have a look into te archives of the main newspapers but photos were not common. A SLA Junkers was mentioned in an article (concerning a flight to/from Latvia I think.) Also Savoias.

I also found this picture which may be of some interest to you. 8 May 1950, probably a DH Dove in the background.
https://stockholmskallan.stockholm.se/post/10380
Senast redigerad av Lars Sundin 19 okt 2022, 13:04, redigerad totalt 1 gång.
Användarvisningsbild
Lars Sundin

Inläggav Peter Maxfield » 19 okt 2022, 11:48

Thank you, Lars!
Peter Maxfield

Inläggav Lars Sundin » 19 okt 2022, 16:19

Two scannings from Flyghistorisk Revy nr 24 from 1974. Not a very clear picture of the SLA marking but there seems to be something more than "the wings". I have no idea what the logo wants to tell us. The Savoia marking is then nicer!

https://larsan13.files.wordpress.com/20 ... s-agaa.jpg

https://larsan13.files.wordpress.com/2022/10/savoia.jpg
Användarvisningsbild
Lars Sundin

Inläggav Peter Maxfield » 19 okt 2022, 20:34

Excellent! I'll use my text recognition app, and get translating. Especially nice - the big photo of the Savoia! Thank you again, Lars - it's amazing what you find for me. The wings logo is still quite distinct on that not very clear image of the Junkers. The only thing in common with the use on the Air France 'Toucan' is Junkers and the corrugated metal - Duralumin. I will investigate further and if I find an answer, I'll post it. I was born in the wrong era! Hope you are well, Lars. Pete.
Peter Maxfield

Inläggav Lennart A » 20 okt 2022, 07:42

SLA2.jpg

SLA1.jpg
SLA1.jpg (81.81 KiB) Visad 2574 gånger

As for colours, my guess is that the clours of the Swedish flag, blue and yellow, were used. SLA acquired seven LVG C.VIs with s/ns L1 to L7. The one fitted with floats, H1, was a conversion, almost certainly of L4.
Användarvisningsbild
Lennart A

Inläggav Peter Maxfield » 20 okt 2022, 23:41

Thank you, Lennart - that illustrates to me what, the edge of which, can just be seen in the von Rosen shot. I'd wondered at first if it was an outlined number 7, except the outlining wasn't equal. It's the edge of this SLA plate, rivetted-on to the plywood fuselage. The Swedish Blue and Yellow would make logical sense - and a very attractive piece of metal (I will amend the colours in the colourised shot - thinking it a number, I guessed at red!) That's the best detail of the 'wings' too - six horizontal 'feathers' with a 'necklace' reminiscent of Ancient Egypt! Again a different number of C.VIs, but it sounds as if you have the best source - so, presuming with the Junkers F.13, the two Savoias and seven LVGs SLA had ten aircraft, that could explain a previous 'typo' perhaps, on the Wikipedia page saying there were 10 LVG C.VIs? Any photos of H1?
Peter Maxfield

Återgå till Svenskt Flyghistoriskt Forum - allmän del